The EU-Egypt Partnership should support the Egyptian government:
- In promoting a balanced and well-organized public health care system, allowing an equal access to quality basic services for all and expanding health insurance coverage, especially in the informal sector;
- In implementing an inclusive national economic growth policy and a comprehensive strategy for long-term employment policy measures;
- To intensify efforts for the full enjoyment of ESCRs, including the ratification of the Optional Protocol to the Covenant on ESCRs.
- To protect Freedom of Association and collective bargaining rights, especially with regard to the establishment of labor independent unions and workers’ strikes and protests;
- In allocating the maximum available human and financial resources to social sectors, such as health, education, food and housing sectors and combating corruption practices at all levels.