We are looking for our next Finance and Administrative Officer!
Are you an engaged and committed professional looking to make a difference? Are you passionate about contributing to the fight for social justice and have communication skills as well as an active network in Brussels? Then SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation has the position for you –we are currently looking for a part time (0.8 FTE) Finance and Admin Officer for the financial management of two of our main programmes: the framework partnership agreement with INTPA (formerly DEVCO) and the project with the European Climate Foundation. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation is a network of progressive civil society organisations (CSOs) working to advance social justice and sustainable development in Europe and worldwide. With over 50 member organisations based in 29 countries (24 of which are EU countries), we voice the values of our member organisations to the EU and international institutions across three main policy areas; social affairs, lifelong learning, and international development cooperation, with an overarching Just Transition strategy.
The post holder will report directly to the Secretary General and the International Cooperation Coordinator – who is responsible for the FPA management - and the project officer of the Just Transition project.
- Provide timely and accurate support to the programme management with regards to admin and finances requirements, including financial reporting;
- Develop contract models for partners and service providers in line with donors requirements and rules;
- Develop financial guidelines and trainings for partners and members.
- Provide efficient, structured and timely administrative and financial support to SOLIDAR.
- Liaise and follow up with partners, members and sub-grantees for all related admin and financial issues, including MoU, financial guidelines, templates, service contracts and call for tenders ensuring the respect of SOLIDAR and donor’s procurement rules.
- Management of incoming and outgoing invoices, payments, and relevant documents to the accountant.
- Support the SG in maintaining the institutional relations and records with government officials, bank, donors, as well as in general office management and administration.
- Deliver training on financial reporting for program partners and sub-grantees in several languages.
- Upon request from programme coordinator or SG participate in external meetings on grants management and financial procedures.
- Prepare annual financial reports, audits and budgets for related programmes.
- Assume the responsibility for developing and then maintain SOLIDAR and SOLIDAR Foundation Admin and Financial Procedures necessary for accurate reporting and ensuring they comply with donors’ requirements.
- Proven knowledge of EU grants’ main rules (such as DG INTPA, DG Near etc.) and grants’ management main guidelines;
- Proven experience in project management (namely budget preparation, preparation of guidelines for partners);
- Experience in developing and delivering trainings and ability to explain (in writing and orally) clearly and concisely technical financial rules;
- Persistent and proactive attitude with an attention to details;
- Open and friendly personality, able to work efficiently in an international team;
- Language: excellent command of written and spoken English and working level knowledge of French; knowledge of Spanish will be a strong asset;
- Comprehensive IT literacy;
- Belgium work permit.
What do we offer?
- Working hours: 4 days a week.
- Length of contract: undetermined.
- 37 days of holidays per year (0.8 FTE pro-rata).
- Flexible working scheme.
- Hospitalization insurance.
- Representation costs, public transportation support and other benefits.
- Salary to be defined after negotiations.
How to apply?
To apply to this post, send
- Your CV (2 pages max.);
- Your motivation letter (2 pages max.) highlighting your relevant experience and strengths to fulfil this position, why you are the right person for the job, indication of when you would be available to start working for SOLIDAR, your gross salary expectations and stating if you have the permit to work in Belgium.
Latest by 28 August 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis looking to fill the position as soon as possible, so we encourage you to apply before the deadline if interested.
Please indicate in the subject of the message “Finance and Admin Officer – Your Name Your Family Name”. Applications should be in EN.
Please note that only people with work permit in Belgium can apply for this vacancy.
Download the vacancy document: Finance and Administrative Officer